Cavalia: A Magical Encounter Between Human and Horse
What is Cavalia?
Cavalia celebrates the strong and ancient bond that exists between horses and humans; a bond that has lasted for more than 6000 years. The earliest domestication of the horse occurred around 4000 BCE, in the Botai province of Kazakhstan. From there began a magnificent bond that spans millennia.
Cavalia masterfully represents this bond through stunning displays of the trust that exists and has existed between horse and rider for many thousands of years. This relationship has been evolving throughout history to arrive where we are now, and it is through Cavalia that we get a chance to explore this changing relationship.
Demonstrating a variety of equestrian and acrobatic performances, Cavalia has astonished and touched the hearts of over 3.5 million people the world over. It features 49 beautiful horses and 39 talented riders, aerialists, acrobats, dancers, and musicians from all over the world.
Displaying much expertise and innovation, Cavalia includes cutting edge technology, multimedia, and special effects. Not to mention the trick riding, vaulting, Haute Ecole, Pas de Deux (both part of the equestrian art of dressage), and unbridled displays.
Having witnessed the show myself the last time it was in town, I can tell you it is certainly worth the ticket price. And I wasn’t the only one who loved it:
“Best Show Ever!” –Larry King, CNN
“Breathtaking” –O, The Oprah Magazine
“One of the most spectacular hybrids of modern theatre in the world” –Las Vegas Magazine
“Unbridled Beauty. Sumptuous. Vibrant.” –San Francisco Chronicle
A truly magical evening of skill and delight in an enchanting setting”-Microsoft
• Cavalia opens in San Diego on November 16. Check it out if you’re in town, I know I’ll be there!
• Located under the White Big Top, across from Petco Park, San Diego. 1020 Imperial Ave. San Diego, CA 92101
• Take the trolley from the Old Town Inn!
• Get tickets, prices, see a seating chart, and for general info go to- Cavalia.net
• Get tickets by phone (toll free number) 1-866-999-8111 from 9am – 10pm
• Until the box office is on location, tickets are only available by phone or online.
Pictures taken from Cavalia.net