If you’re in the mood for sushi, and you would like to enjoy something fresh and authentic, Kyoto is the place to be. I can’t say enough good things about this place. Owned by a very sweet couple, Mike and Maria, Kyoto Sushi is better than any trendy, expensive sushi restaurant I’ve ever been to.
At Kyoto, your entire experience is pleasant in every way. The sushi is deliciously fresh, and priced so well you won’t believe it. Every time I go there, (which is almost every week), my mood is brightened by the great atmosphere in the place. Service is always quick, and the owners are always there and in a good mood, chatting with customers. They are very dedicated and accommodating. If you have children, Mike has no problem making special rolls to suit their tastes, and, (if it’s alright with Mom and Dad), Maria provides the kiddies with treats towards the end. If you have allergies, they will go to great lengths to protect you, not because they don’t want bad press, but because they truly care for their customers. Mike and Maria are both fun and easy to talk to. Mike is friendly and loves to joke around. Maria is sweet and hospitable. Both will assure that your every need is met. When you go to Kyoto, you will always feel at home and like part of the family.
The hospitality is not the only reason I’m a die-hard Kyoto Sushi fan. The quality of the sushi is incredible. The rolls are well made, and hold together nicely; the rice is soft and chewy, never soggy or overcooked. The sashimi is unbelievably fresh. The nigiri and specialty rolls are delicious, and the miso soup is perfect. It’s as if this place can’t get any better. But wait! To top it all off, all nigiri and select rolls are half priced every day. For happy hour, you get free sake with your Japanese beer. The sushi is more than excellent, and consistently fresh, especially for the price. Like I said, I go there almost weekly, and I have never had bad service or bad sushi.
Kyoto Sushi is charming in a delightfully unassuming way. It’s small. It’s funky. It’s delicious without fail. It is (again) surprisingly fresh. All of this greatness at an astonishingly low price. Go to Kyoto Sushi; you will receive outstanding service and delectable dishes. You will never be disappointed!
- If you really want something delicious, tell Mike the sushi chef what you like and let him get creative!
- Is there anywhere else you can get 5-6 rolls, a few miso soups, pay less than $30, and thoroughly enjoy every bite?
- Try: Thai Iced Tea, Special Spicy Tuna roll, Dragon Roll, Rainbow Roll, Lava Roll, Tempura Shrimp, Spider Roll
- Kyoto Sushi is located only a few minutes from Old Town Inn, very convenient if you want something close by
- Happy Hour from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Hours: Mon thru Fri – 11 am to 9:30 pm, Sun – 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Located at 3166 Midway Dr. San Diego, CA 92110
- Phone: (619) 223 – 7798