Inn-Sider’s Guide: Gaslamp
Gaslamp Quarter… is San Diego’s downtown district. Leave your car at the hotel and take the trolley you’ll avoid downtown traffic and parking fees. Make sure to take comfortable shoes.
• Café 222 on Island Ave. is famous for their Peanut Butter & Banana stuffed French toast, but they have many other delicious items on their menu. Get there early for patio seating; they start serving at 7am. The portions are large, so this is a good place if you’re the type that wakes up hungry.
• Another recommendation for Mexican food is La Puerta on 4th Ave. They have delicious food, quality drinks and their prices are great! Visit them from 3-7pm for Happy Hours to get even better deals.
• For an entertaining dinner, check out Café Sevilla, they have a live Flamenco dinner show every Friday and Saturday.
• Candelas is a delicious, expressive Mexican restaurant. It is on the expensive side but the food is great and the décor is warm and lively.
• The Gaslamp Strip Club is a do it yourself steak place… the food is great and the environment is fun! It can be a little bit expensive. Go there and leave happy!
• Reí do Gado a Brazilian steakhouse for hard-core meat lovers. No exaggeration. The food is served buffet style for about $40 per person, and with 40 types of meat on the menu the meat will keep coming and coming and coming! They seriously won’t stop until you tell them to. They have a good lunch special for about $17 per person with much smaller options, but still great.