Vin de Syrah
Feel like a trip to wonderland? Discover the hidden world of Vin de Syrah, a dreamy wine parlor located in the Gaslamp. Think turn of the century Paris meets Alice in Wonderland.
- Features: specialty cocktails, interesting beer, large wine collection-imported and domestic, wines by the glass, bottle service, appetizers, happy hour
Inspired by the warm brasseries ofParisand the eclectic lounges ofNew York’s meat packing district, Vin de Syrah is an inviting blend of vintage and contemporary. Local designer Micheal Soriano enchants us with surprising features like leafy walls, bright botanical chandeliers, hanging flowers, and warm, golden lighting. Large mirrors and dazzling umbrellas with beautiful vines adorn the ceiling and the walls. Described on their website as a “fun, edgy, interactive, and disarmingly boutique experience,” this unique bar is a perfect treat for your valentine. Cuddle up with your loved one in plush private booths and enjoy your own personal fairy tale. Gentleman: your ladies will LOVE this.
Sitting at the bar? Entertain yourself with constantly streaming video of the poor souls outside that can’t find the door. (Yes, the door is camouflaged in a wall covered in shrubbery. And yes, they video you as you struggle to find the entrance. Ha-ha.)
Syrah is not an easy place to find, and it’s not just because of the hidden door. Vin de Syrah is located underground, beneath the Melting Pot, a delicious fondue restaurant. Only a small sign shows that Vin de Syrah is hiding underneath. Just remember, look for The Melting Pot, if you’re there, you found Syrah as well. Just go down the stairs and look (hard) for the entrance.
- Directions from the Old Town Inn:
- Head south onPacific Hwy toward Smith St.
- Drive 1.3 miles then take the ramp on the left onto I-5 S
- Drive 1.3 miles then take exit 17 forFront St. towardCivicCenter
- Drive 0.2 miles then keep left at the fork, follow signs for 2nd Avenue and merge onto Cedar St.
- Drive 0.4 miles then turn right onto 4th Ave.
- Drive 0.5 miles then turn left ontoE St. (destination will be on the left
- 901 5th Ave.,San Diego,CA92101-6206
- Vin de Syrah is located on the corner of 5th and E in the Gaslamp District, on the lower level of the Gaslamp Plaza Suites Hotel
- Try This: Mixed Cheese and Meat Board (the Humbodt Fog cheese is to DIE for)
Events this Month
- Friday Feb. 10th: Burlesque Show 9pm followed by DJ Myron spinning on vinyl
- Saturday Feb. 11th: DJ Who, wine tasting this weekend
- Sunday Feb. 12th: Sangria Sundays and Happy Hour all night
- Feb. 10-14th: 6pm Candle lit wine tasting (3 wines and paired foods)
- Feb. 21st: Mardi Gras!! 6pm-Midnight. DJhere Productions for Mardi Gras in the Gaslamp. Bring down your event pass and get $5 red and white sangria, $5 well cocktails and $5 drafts. Half off specialty cocktails from 8-midnight!
- More info at www.syrahwineparlor.com
- Hours: Tues, Wed, Sun 4-12am
- Thurs, Sat, 4pm-12am
- Mon closed